“A key look of the Collective Passion palette is ombre – a beautiful technique of blending two colours together to create a stunning dip-dye effect that can become the focal point of any room.” Marianne Shillingford, Dulux Creative Director
- Spirit level
- Tape measure
- 2 x Paint rollers or 2 x 3inch emulsion brushes
- Small brush for painting the edges
- Dust sheet
- Use a spirit level and a bit of chalk to mark the wall where you want the two colours to blend.
- Use a small brush and paint in the edges neatly before filling in the large areas with a roller or 3” Perfect Finish emulsion brush.
- Always start from the top of the room and work down, so if there are any drips you’ll be able to paint them out as you go.
- When you get to the chalk line with the first colour, just let the roller or brush run out of paint along the line so you have a lovely uneven feathered edge.
- Start the next colour along the line just beneath and work upwards into the first colour to get the ombre effect, then carry this colour down to the skirting or floor.
- Once both colours are dry, you can work on the blended line with one or both of the paint rollers and to make it easier don’t apply too much pressure or have too much paint on them.
- Try blending 3 colours together too and if you have a big area to cover, it’s much easier and more fun if you have a friend to help you